Stern Drive Service & Repairs
We recommend that the following maintenance on your stern drive be performed annually:
• Check bellows area for water or oil (no water or oil should be present).
• Check gimble bearing for roughness--Replace if necessary, if OK grease.
• Check engine alignment.
• Check U-joints for roughness--Replace if necessary, if OK grease.
• Clean and grease input section.
• Drain sterndrive oil--Check for presence of water and metal on Chip dectors on drain plugs.
• Check trim system for proper operation.
• Check shifting system for proper operation.
• Check zincs for deterioration.
• Check propeller for damage--Repair or replace.
• Clean propeller shaft and grease.
Repairs are performed using new or remanufactured OEM parts. Our first concern is your safety. Our certified stern drive mechanic will thoroughly check over your damaged or worn stern drive and make recommendations based on his years of experience.
Repairs include, but are not limited to: case repairs, gear replacement, water pump rebuilds or replacements, shaft alignment, seals replaced, bearings replaced (or serviced), u-joints replaced, trim cylinders repaired, backlash and reshim, prop repairs or replacements, cavitation and skeg repairs.